Coffee Shop Diaries
I’m sat there having a quiet coffee while getting some work done and I over hear a conversation of 3 ladies sitting in their gym gear discussing the best way to lose weight.
The convo went a little like this
“So what are you doing for valentines well i won so tickets for a meal out oh how nice.”
They then start to discuss juice diets.
“oh did you hear about that weightless thing for 8 weeks and you pay £15 (less than £2per week) then the winner keeps all the money” “Argh their obviously going to sell you into something at the end”
Silence and 1 pipes up “did you hear about Julie she’s said to use
The great topic of juice diets cropped up!!! I was sitting listening and smirking to my self.
Things I took from the conversation:
- Friends tried to persuade them to use Juice Plus as they had good short term weightloss.
- They perceived the juice diets as expensive at around £45 per week.
- They were aware that when they tried to eat NORMAL they would regain the weight if they did juicing.
- They were not very knowledge on nutrition.
- They think you can out train a diet by visiting the gym 2 times a week.
My Advice To Anyone wanting to lose weight is the following:
- Screw frickin juice diets, diet pills there is NO I say it again NO magic formula or quick fix, they are a waste of time and money.
- You can higher a coach for the same cost as a juice diet , use google, read books, learn about your food. All the information you need is out there for FREE if you look hard enough.
- Its a lifestyle change longterm not short and their is no such thing as a NORMAL diet. But there is such a thing as an optimal diet for YOU. As everyone is different.
- Stick to unprocessed foods, plenty of veg (no one ever got fat of eating too much of this).
- Everyone has a different starting point so they may need a different approach.
- Drink plenty of Water 2 – 3ltr per day for average person.
- The majority of weightloss is done via diet, exercise does have a part to play of course.
- Going Costa having a caramel latte and a cake isn’t going to help you lose weight, try changing it for a black coffee or a green tea, herbal tea and some fruit, or rice cakes.
- In retrospect I probably could of given them some advice but i was curious of the whole convo.
- Full story i will be putting in the todays email.
If you need any advice or help starting your journey feel free to drop me a message on here or email me email@example.com